Please join fellow Harvard Club members at the Second Harvest Food Bank for a family friendly volunteer event! We will be packing backpacks, as part of Second Harvest Food Bank's "Backpack Program".
Sat, Oct 19, 2019 - 1:05 PM to 3:05 PM. Arrive 12:45 PM.
Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina
500-B Spratt Street, Charlotte NC 28206
RSVP: by October 11 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes as you will be in our warehouse
- This event is for ages 6 and up. Children must be supervised by an adult during the entire shift and during bathroom breaks. No younger siblings are permitted.
- Please be courteous to other volunteers and our staff by arriving 15 minutes early so that we can begin promptly at 1:00 PM.
- Please do not bring valuables as we have no place to store them and are not responsible for missing items.
- Volunteers are provided bottled water. No food, drinks, gum, headphones are permitted. We do not allow cell phone use during the volunteer shift.
- We schedule staff and activities around the number of volunteers expected. Please if you cannot attend, cancel your spots so others can sign up.
The Backpack Program provides a backpack full of nutritious, ready to eat or easy to prepare foods that is sent home on weekends and holidays when school meals are not available. SHFB distributes 152,000 backpacks each year in which individual and corporate donations make this possible. Volunteers help us pack the backpacks that will then get distributed to the students thru the school system. Because the food is all purchased and we do not rely on donations, backpack packing is done on a schedule around the arrival of our food orders, the flow of the number of backpacks being sent out and our staff schedule.